Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 140 - 20th May 2014 - Leaves, Trillium, Humming Bird and Red Winged Blackbird

Up a little early, went to bed early but that's only because my head was throbbing and it takes so long to get comfortable. Am going to tackle work today, hopefully I won't be found napping on a desk at some point.  I'll take my calamine lotion, a washcloth for cold compresses and see how things go, more than anything I may scare small children if I see any. I need to get back to work, was just seeing some progress in my backlog and my stress level will increase if I leave things much longer. We are starting into our busy season and I don't like to be behind at this point. It's another wet day but sounds like it might clear later.
Monday was another day mostly spent on the sofa - Lexi is a good nurse and snugs right in beside me watching to see if I'm ok. We did get out between showers for a couple quick walks and I took a few photos. Managed a load of laundry and supper. I'm feeling mostly useless.
Leaves are emerging - dipped in rain drops yesterday.
 Red-winged Blackbird. Taken through the fence from the house.
 The Humming birds were busy too at the feeders.
 Trilliums are in bloom - one of my favourite wild flowers.
 Blueberry blossoms.
My Bleeding Heart is blooming.










Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a wild Trillium in bloom.. it's beautiful. And love the white bleeding heart. Mine is so sad, it just keeps getting smaller and smaller. It was a piece of Mom's so I don't want to lose it. :( Hope you have a good day Kim and that the pain and itch stays at bay so you can feel productive. Never had the shingles but hear it's brutal.

    ReplyDelete