Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 120 - 30th April 2014 - Squill, Eiders and Gulls

Say goodbye to another month. Hard to believe (especially with the weather) we are going to be moving into the 5th month of the year. Temperature is -0.9 this morning but it doesn't feel that chilly. It should warm up some and be a nice day. My day home so I think I'll get in an early walk, buzz around and do the housework then spend some time outside in the sun and fresh air. That's the biggest thing I miss with being in the office all day - fresh air and sunshine! Hopefully today I'll add a few more birds to this years list - not expecting anything new and rare but would love to see some of the returns from last year.
Tuesday went really well. Managed to get a bunch of old tin type photographs scanned for someone and some other things done around the office. Had good news from NSCC, they are sending me a fabulous student for their job training on Thursdays and Fridays for five weeks. He should be great as he has a great interest in history and archives so I'm expecting to get a lot of things done and the office looking ship shape before the busiest part of the season starts. Mid June my summer student will start so all is good.  All in all I was pretty happy even if it was another cool day in the weather department.
A sea of blue Squill along the front of a house.
 Leaves are budding out.
 Daffodils hide behind a fence.
 Left from last year, maybe not very pretty but I like the texture of it.

Two male Common Eiders in the harbour.
 A seagull lands beside a female Eider.
 There are just too many pigeons along Dock Street.
 A group of gulls in front of the Park.
The Pussy Willows are done for another year.














Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your day at home...met up with your new student...told him you were a bit bossy. He just laughed lol. It will be a fantastic summer!!

    ReplyDelete