Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 106 - 16th April 2014 - Birds, Squill and Lexi

Windy and wet out there this morning, temperature is +16.1 but is suppose to plummet this afternoon and be rain showers or wet snow. Sounds delightful! Well it's Wednesday - hump day as they call it and my day in town - errands and volunteer work. I'm thinking my cold might be coming to an end - but I won't say that out loud yet! Fingers crossed for a couple of good days of weather over the long weekend.
Tuesday was another glorious day, temperature went up above +25 in the afternoon. Loving the warm, even though most days it is windy. Pushed myself and got a few things done, raked a little in the yard until I got distracted with my camera and ended up laying on the ground taking photos of the flowers. Since it was such a nice day I decided to do a potato salad and pasta salad to go with the chicken for supper. Still quiet around the hood - lots of Song Sparrows singing to one another but nothing else yet. Saw one Canada Goose, probably William and Kate may be on the nest - we'll know for sure in another month.
 There are two Starlings sitting on the end of this old tree and a Woodpecker just going about his business.
 Song Sparrows seem to be everywhere.
 The Flicker stopped in for some lunch - must be bugs or grubs in the ground he was looking for.
 My pretty Lexi.
 Daphne is definitely showing some blooms.
 Striped Squill.
This little guy almost landed on me.
 The pussy willows don't seem as big, but they did trim the bushes in the ditches last fall, so I guess that's probably why.
More and more Purple Finches are here all the time.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment