Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 104 - 14th April 2014 - Eagle, Finches and Woodpecker

Overcast this morning, but mild temperature is +11.1.  Seems it will clear - might be a day for outside work again if I can muster the energy. I stood out on the deck for a few minutes and could hear birds calling to one another. Such a sweet sound. This is my last week at home, then back into the swing of things. Will be good to go back to work, it means I appreciate the time I have roaming the hood and taking photo more.
Sunday was a rather uneventful day. Puttered around outside in the morning, went for my walk. Not much for photos, it was pretty quiet and I find I'm still drug out and can't go as far as I used to. Guess my strength will build up in the next few days. Larry and Lexi worked outside most of the day. We didn't go anywhere, there are times I have to let him get some stuff done around here - wood, etc. Of course I'm kicking myself since the first of the Warblers have been sighted but I'm confident they will be here in a few days. I gave in to my tiredness and laid down for an hour in the afternoon.
 Foam along the shore.
 The Eagle was flying over the house yesterday afternoon. He seems to be staying in the area, worry about our baby ducks and geese when they come.
 Female Hairy Woodpecker and White-breasted Nuthatch.
 Purple Finch, the birds are getting so pretty now. I notice the Goldfinches are really brightening up.
She's a curious girl. Seems to just as happy with the sunflower seeds as suet.
Male Purple Finch.












Fluffy clouds over the lake.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment