Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 116 - 26th April 2014 - Mayflowers, Hyacinths and a Robin

-1. this morning and a little frosty out there - brrr. On the other hand I could hear the peepers and the Song Sparrows were just beginning to woo one another. So it looks like a wet weekend- tonight and Sunday.  Our turn to work breakfast at the Fire Hall tomorrow morning so I guess that won't matter too much although would be nice to clear in the afternoon. Now that I'm back to work I can't put things off til the next day, got to do what I can when I can. Grocery shopping needs to be done sometime today since the fridge looks pretty bare - except my Easter chocolate (or what's left of it). Chocolate is best chilled. I also need to think a head to what I'm cooking since I'm not home everyday to do meals I like to have leftovers.
I'm beginning to think winter is hanging around in a back corner somewhere. Headed off down the road yesterday morning in snow flurries and wearing my gloves it was so cold. The sun eventually came out but that wind remained very unpleasant.  Maybe the birds have grabbed their long johns and headed back south because I'm sure not seeing much around the hood. Last year this time it was a lot busier. Another corner of the office cleared out today so that was good, but overall it was just ONE of those DAYS! Enough said. I went out after supper for my walk around the hood, rather cold and quiet but I needed that peace to put my mind back together. Larry had his dart banquet so Lexi and I put our feet up, chilled then had an early night.
 There's a large cluster of Mayflowers on the side of the road now, in full bloom.
 Even with the cold weather they are blooming.
Large ribbons of clouds over the lake last evening. The water looks chilly.
 A Robin was the best I could do in the bird department.
 A Hammock swings in the wind waiting for warmer days.
A little yellow in the sky over the tree line of the other lake.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment