Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 93 - 3rd April 2014 - Woodpecker, Grasses and a Gull

Temperature is +1.6, sounds like some rain showers for later - nothing new about that. Maybe I can scoot around the hood before anything starts. At least these days I know I can probably find some ducks and maybe the geese. Am twitching for Warbler season to arrive but the way things are going, I'll be back to work and only have the weekends and Wednesday. Of course I do have my morning walks to meet my ride and that usually nets me a few. I have a couple of prime spots where they enjoy feeding first thing in the morning right where I walk. Took my most of the summer to figure out their routine, but I'm ready for the upcoming season. Planning and plotting get me through the miserable days of winter. For now I've got to finish up the spring cleaning and other chores around so when the weather does break I'm ready and out there.
We started yesterday off with fishcakes and eggs for breakfast - they were good. Thanks to the bestie for sending the fishcakes. Normally during the weekdays I don't eat like that or as early but I think I must have been dreaming about them all night. I'm sure the weather has turned us all into a zombie state. People are just kind of blah, what else can you expect when every day is snow flurries or rain with no sunshine.  Friday is looking better - Lexi and I will aim to spend more time outside if it is. Pretty good day in town, got things done - not as much as I would like but that's ok too.
He's such a cute little guy.
Maybe by Friday everything will be opened.












Soon we'll see new growth instead of left over from last year.
I love looking at the different tree fungi. Who knew there were so many kinds.
Sometimes just a simple blade of grass is interesting.
One from the weekend, there are so many different kinds of Gulls - they are worse than Warblers.







Enjoy your day!

1 comment: