Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 105 - 15th April 2014 - Robins, Flicker, Purple Finches and the Lake

Sky is pretty cloudy and overcast this morning - still on the dark side but the temperature is warm at +14.1. They say that's coming to an end and will dip down tonight. Rain on the horizon for tomorrow, maybe some showers this evening. Long weekend coming and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for fine weather at least one day, hopefully two. So my throat is still sore this morning and my head stuffed up. I can hear those same two Song Sparrows singing to one another this morning. I hope he wins her over.
Monday started off rather overcast and cloudy but turned out to be a beautiful day, temperatures even reached +22.7 in the afternoon. I'm not getting much accomplished - still feel terrible, today it started in my throat and ears, my energy level is zip. This truly sucks! I forced myself out for my walk in the morning, pretty quiet around - no sign of Warblers or Thrushes and some of the ducks must be off building nests as there weren't many of them around either. The best part of the day is first thing in the morning when I can hear the birds waking up and singing to one another as I enjoy my morning coffee on the deck. Went to exercise class last night in hopes it would jump start me some - may have killed me instead.
 Playing around a bit with the silhouette of this Robin.
 I thought it might rain at any time but surprised me by clearing.
High in a Pine tree, this Flicker was hollering for a wife. Now I'm waiting for him to stop in the yard so I can get some good photos of him.
 Robins are everywhere these days.
 Female Purple Finch.

This bunch of Crocuses are pretty well spent.









Enjoy  your day!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps a trip to out patients is in order! Nice photo of that Robin. Mr. Flicker was back this morning tapping on the flu cap for any females who might be interested. Here's to a better day for both if us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the robin silhouette. One of your crocus shots is my background on my laptop and phone. Hope you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete