Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 112 - 22nd April 2014 - Chipmunk, Goose, Flicker and Daffodils

This morning I could have slept in - all winter I had a chance to and today I have to get up, maybe because I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Mild morning, temperature is +6.8. Should be a nice day. Can still get my walk in this morning as I'll leave a bit early to meet Nancy for my ride. If I'm lucky this is the time of day I'll see a bird or two on my way. Now that the weather is better I can walk after supper too. I'm starting on a short week so that should get me back in the swing of things. My head is already racing this morning with things that need to be done, but at least for the first few days I'm going to re-organize and sort things out. Stuff has gotten piled up over the winter months.
My last day home was a good one. Buzzed around got housework done, went for my walk and then Lexi and I spent some time outside. Even found a few minutes to make Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Sat on the deck for an hour with my kobo and tea enjoying the birds in the yard and the sunshine. Temperature went up but there was a bit of a breeze, not quite as cold as it has been though. Exercise class last night - those tabatas are really quite the workout.
 I think this little chipmunk has made a home in the bottom of a tree stump.
 The Pitcher plants are beginning to emerge.
 A Song Sparrow getting a drink.
 The Eagle was circling over the house again today, checking both lakes. I am concerned for our duck and geese babies this year.
 I was able to sneak out on the deck and catch the Flicker on the Feeder.
 But then he caught me. It was either press the button or lose the shot, no time to adjust settings as he was coming in my direction quickly.
 These ones are in the the old Rose bush and I assume were planted many years ago, maybe even by the original owner.
Just hanging out on a rock in the afternoon sun.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment