Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 111 - 21st April 2014 - Violets, Northern Flicker, Woodpeckers and a Bird's Nest

Well the long weekend is over for most, Larry heads back to work today and this is my last day. Temperature is nippy this morning, -0.4 and a touch of frost on the grass. Can't believe that winter is finally behind us, as hard as it was these months have passed fast and I'm sure I only got 1/2 of what I wanted to get done. There are some projects I wonder if I will ever get done, maybe because I don't really want to do them. The time will come when I want to and they will go quickly then. So today, I'm going to buzz around get some housework done up, roast a chicken this afternoon for supper,maybe make some cookies for Larry's lunch box and enjoy some time outside.
Another sunny day with a cool wind. It's been a nice long weekend even if I didn't find any interesting birds. Lots of regular ones around the yard and feeders though. In another few weeks there will be new ones migrating in I'm sure then I'll see lots of sights and sounds on my walks. Thank goodness I've put lots of miles in as I've over indulged in the food department.  But that's what holidays are about - food, family and friends. Larry worked around in the yard, I puttered around and in the afternoon we had Easter Dinner at Mom and Dads. As always delicious.
Another beautiful morning on the lake.
 Someone is missing a feather.
 I found another bird's nest on my walk.
 Another day or so and these will be in full bloom.
 Mom has tons of little blue violets on her front lawn.

 He likes the suet and she likes the seeds in the feeder.
The Male Northern Flicker standing on one of the feeders. They are such handsome birds.









Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. The Northern Flicker....handsome but noisey and by the way I have two, one on the chimney flu and one tapping on a dump trailer :) I thought you told me they were territorial.

    ReplyDelete