Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day 98 - 8th April 2014 - Reflections, Song Sparrows and Crocuses

The rain has started this morning - not hard yet but some, temperature is +5.4. So today I'm finishing off the Spring cleaning and getting the house in order after that it's just down to weekly maintenance - maybe the reason there are so many cobwebs come fall. All that means is after the next few weeks, I'll be spending more time outdoors than doing housework when I'm not working. Life is meant to enjoy and we should do it whichever way makes us happiest. Today will also be a day to make home made Turkey soup and maybe a turkey casserole.
Temperatures soared to +18 yesterday so Lexi and I  spent most of it outside. Good walk around the hood first thing - quiet but a chance to gather thoughts and plan. Sure wish I had audio on my blog - the back yard was so vibrant with sound, birds chirping and singing all day, geese honking in the lake and early in the morning the rooster up the road sounding the wake up alarm. Days like this I know why I love living where I do. Got some yard work done, had breakfast and lunch on the deck, then took a little time out to finish my book with a cup of tea. Rolled up my pant legs and got a little red glow on my legs. Life is good. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed my deck chair especially at 6 am with my morning coffee listening to the sounds of spring.  Exercise class last night - felt good and hurt all at the same time. It was nice to come home and still have a bit of daylight left. The days are certainly longer.
 Perfect reflected morning on the lake.
 While others are seeing Fox Sparrows, I just see lovely Song Sparrows around every corner.
 Singing his heart out.
 The Crocuses are in full bloom now.
 Daphne is almost ready to bloom, a few more days of sunshine.
 This cheeky little Red-breasted Nuthatch flashed me!
 Another Song Sparrow.
 The Grackles are really quite beautiful when the sun hits them.
 Soon time for Kate and William to go get that nest ready.
Beautiful in the sunshine.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment