Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 113 - 23rd April 2014 - Starlings, Chickens and Ducks

Mild this morning, temperature is +7.7, but the house is cold since we haven't had a fire for a couple of days. This time of year it feels colder inside than out, so I guess since it's my day off we'll build a little fire and warm things up. Rain today - hopefully we won't see rain every Wednesday. Most of our snow storm took place on Wednesdays last winter so I don't want to suffer through rain every week on my day off. I'm guessing there is nothing I can really do about that though! Maybe I'll get out for my walk early this morning before it starts. Then it will probably be pay some bills, laundry, etc.
My first day back to work went pretty well except when I went for lunch and discovered what a beautiful day it was - I wanted to go back  home! It's going to be a busy week trying to get things re-organized. Can't believe how much stuff has piled up over the winter and I really can't concentrate and be productive with all the clutter that's around right now. So I'll keep plowing through on Thursday and Friday. Hopefully by next Monday I can get settled in and get the backlog of research underway. Nice to be able to go for a walk after supper these days. Didn't find anything exciting but I keep looking. Stopped and had tea with Lois on her deck then home, pj's and a bit of tv before bed.
 It was a calm morning on the lake as I walked over to meet Nancy.
 The Starling pair are hanging out on the power pole.
 Think they are getting ready to set up housekeeping in the bottom apartment. This will be their third year there.
 Three of Lois & Danny's new chickens - they were a bit upset as Max the cat who stalks the hood  scared them.
 Muscari is in bloom.
 Lots of clouds in the sky last night.
Female Mallard.
He had taken her out for supper - at Lois' feeders. They are a daily visitor.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment