Sunday, April 6, 2014

Day 96 - 6th April 2014 - Cranberry, Geese and Hammock

Why oh why do I need to get up so early on the weekends, 4:30 am and my eyes would not stay closed.  Temperature is +2.7, stars are all out and sunshine will come. Don't think it will be quite as warm as Friday but I'll take it. Sunday supper is pretty well looked after - we cooked a turkey yesterday so just potatoes and veggies to do today.  Hoping we can head out for a little road trip/adventure see what new birds may have  come around this week.
Well it rained yesterday - what can you say about that! I didn't complain much - Friday was beautiful and I know sun is coming today, so I figured I might as well suck it up and get the things done inside that I skipped the other day when I was playing in the sun. It stopped after supper but sure rained hard at times. We made a trip to town, got the groceries, gas, potting soil and I picked a few things up at Frenchy's. It's been a while since I've been there but found a few tops, a pair of short and a couple pairs of pants. Was looking for jeans but nothing I liked. Got some laundry caught up, did alterations to a prom dress and Larry started some seeds for the vegetable garden. I've put him off quite a while. Some years we've had tomatoes in the the house that are way too big because he's started them too early so I try to slow down his enthusiasm for planting season. Another sign of spring!
 One lonely cranberry left from last fall.
 They are a handsome pair!
I thought about crawling in this hammock the other day but continued on my walk.





 Not a great shot, but I can see that they are definitely in the summer colors.
A little ice here and there but it's almost gone.
Preening on the fence.











Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment