Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 95 - 5th April 2014 - Spring - Song Sparrows, Crocuses and the Lake

It has begun to rain - soft and lightly this early in the morning, temperature is 0.7. Saturday morning and of course I'm up earlier than I should be or need to be. Oh well rain all day, maybe a nap later. Today I'll have the time to finish up those things I put off yesterday. Maybe we'll do the groceries shopping, have a turkey out defrosting to cook either today or tomorrow. The sun shines again tomorrow so perhaps it will be off for an adventure somewhere.
Friday was truly a beautiful day. It was Spring! I got out around the hood early, it was a nice walk with all the sounds of Loons, Ducks and Geese in the Lake. I walked out on the point and was greeted by a Song Sparrow, a couple of Mallards flew over and I felt like I could reach up and touch them. This was a day I've been waiting for. Just as soon as that sun starting coming out Lexi and I headed for the yard. I cleaned up a couple of the flower beds, working around bulbs that were coming up and Crocuses which have finally bloomed. I had plans to put out my deck chairs but after trying 6 keys, finally #7 opened the wood/storage shed and I discovered that the chairs weren't all that accessible. Those I will leave for Larry to dig out on the weekend. I did find an old lawn chair and to the deck it went. Had my lunch there, tea in the afternoon and enjoyed all the birds that were around the yard and feeders. Suddenly everything has come alive! Guess I didn't get the inside things done I planned to but I feel so much better having worked outside, enjoying the sunshine, warm on my back as I dug in the ground cleaning away the debris from winter.
 Mallards and Black Ducks in every corner these days. Saw two pair of Common Mergansers last evening but they were too far for a photo.
 Song Sparrow out on the point.
There are lots of these berries around in the summer on the point.
 The Crocuses were so pretty today as the sun shone down on them.



 This Song Sparrow was one of 5 in my yard singing most of th eday.
 A perfect day on the lake.
William and Kate were having a little nap on a neighbour's lawn but I disturbed them.









Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I can hear the sunshine and happiness in your post Kim. It's amazing what the sun, birds and spring flowers can do to our moods. I walked out the door the other morning to hear the birds singing and all of a sudden, all was right in my world. It's been a long hard winter.

    ReplyDelete