Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 102 - 12th April 2014 - Grandmother's Journal, Crocuses, Chickadee and Lungwort

Raining this morning, temperature is +6.3. Today would have been Grandmother's 96th birthday. She passed away in 2008 not long after her 90th. She always enjoyed the spring; the opening of trout season, seeing new growth, flowers blooming and the birds returning to nest.
Grandmother's Journal:
12th April 1973 - My Birthday 55. Snow flurries all day very cold strong wind. Heavy flurries by 6 o'clock ground covered. 
18th April 1973 - Swallows this morning! Planted 150 strawberry plants, to town and washed. Decided to go to Liverpool on business home around 6. Covered plants - frightened of freezing. This morning lovely working in garden. Birds singing and warm. Robins making a noise now. This evening no birds singing and no peepers here yet. 
So some years aren't so different than others as I read back through her journals. It's not something we have any control over, just need to work with nature instead of against her.
I'm feeling somewhat better, at least I got a few things done yesterday. By evening it feels worse and I'm tired and drug out from fighting it all day. My head feels less fuzzy this morning and my bones less achy so this is all good.

 The Purple Finches are here most of the day now.
 Even after all the rain we had the other day my Crocuses still look great.


Soon leaves will be out on the Lilac Bush.
 The Chickadees spend all day zipping from bush to feeder and back again.
Lois' Lungwort is in bloom again.











Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday in Heaven to Grandmother. You are eight nit much we can do about the weather and I really don't want to be here when the day comes that we can. I am off to 4h this morning. They asked me to judge and I graciously accepted. Love the program and it has been present here for how long?

    ReplyDelete