Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 99 - 9th April 2014 - Birdhouse, Lake, Crocuses and Buds

It's a  mild morning, temperature is +6.5 and it has stopped raining. Looks like it will clear off and be a fine day. I'm off to town to do my errands and volunteer work. Hoping for a relatively quiet day. Looking forward to lunch at the Bean Dock, hopefully the bestie will be able to join me.
I am married to a kind and generous man - he has given me his "man cold".  I spent most of the weekend getting him over his, basically because I was tired of hearing him moan about it and cough half the night away, only to catch it myself. I knew it was coming on Sunday evening, I could feel it creeping into my head but I chose to live in denial for a few days hoping it would leave again. This morning Larry says to me - "you've got that stuff I had" - yes dear I do and now it's out there and I've admitted it and will have to deal with it. So I made turkey, rice and veggie soup, cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom (more or less), did some other work around the house, some alterations to my Frenchy purchases then Lexi and I sacked out on the sofa for an hour in the afternoon.
 One of the things I see on my daily walk.  I love the way the sun hits it and casts a shadow of the basket against the boards.
 Preening and resting. Mallards in the lake.
More reflections.
 Soon to be new berries.
 Forsythia will soon flower.
 Taking advantage of the Crocuses - after Tuesday's rain there probably won't be any.











Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment