Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 103 - 13th April 2014 - Blue Jay, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and the Lake

The sunrise is beautiful this morning - red sun at dawn sailor's be warned. Some rain showers this afternoon. Temperature is +1.2. I stood on the deck while I was waiting for my coffee watching the sun and listening to the sounds of morning. Nothing like a quiet Sunday morning with only the birds singing. I could hear the Loons on the lake and a couple of Song Sparrows singing to one another. Last evening after I got home I could hear the Peepers - no doubt now that we've moved on to another season. I see through the Bird Society that Plovers are being sighted around the County and some Swallows have been spotted in the province. No idea what's planned for today, out side this morning no doubt and in the house if it rains this afternoon.
Rained  Saturday morning but cleared off and the sun came out in the afternoon, turned into a beautiful day. We did our weekly groceries in town then I made some mini crab quiches for the "girls night out" I was going to. Our exercise class was doing a fund raiser for the Hall last evening - good time, I left early but that's my way. I went out for a walk in the afternoon, stopped and had tea with Lois' on her deck. Nice and warm and no black flies yet - this was heavenly.
 The Blue Jays seem to be brighter, this guy was rather funny.

 So Lois and I are both looking at this little guy and then something catches are eyes further up a tree...
 at the same time we are both saying "it's him, it's him" - Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.
 First time this year - spring is surely here, next will be the Warblers.
 Purple Finches.
 The lake was lovely before supper.
More and more Pussy willows.

















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment