Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 331 - 26th November 2013 - Birds and Ice

Nippy morning, temperature is -4.5 but should start rising.  Sounds like we are in for some rough weather in the next day or two. Lots of rain and wind on the way.  So it will definitely be inside work for today and tomorrow. Good thing I did up a list for Larry to keep him from getting bored. Most are little things that I can't reach or lift. I don't necessarily enjoy having him under my feet all day so this will work well.
Monday was a very cold start to the week. Went out for my morning walk and really bundled up. Larry and Lexi worked in the woodpile for a while then he tinkered around in his work room - not sure if he's building something or cleaning it up. I cleared up some things, moved stuff, etc to get ready for decorating later this week. Of course there was the usual - laundry, dishes etc. Had a good workout at exercise class last evening.  Larry's gone back to playing darts for the winter - it's just a fun evening at our local hall but a good activity.
 To give away to a good home - 5 Blue Jays - I seem to have a large flock these days.
 But there they are getting along again.
 A lone Junco  snacks away.
 The Red-breasted Nuthatch.
 Female Downy Woodpecker - she's turned right around to look at something - maybe me!
 A White-breasted Nuthatch.
 Quite sure this is a Red-tailed Hawk. He was flying over the cove.
 Ice and Snow along the lake edges.

 One of my favs - the Brown Creeper.
The grasses along the lake edge are anchored in ice.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment