Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 318 - 13th November 2013 - Lake, Berries and Old Man's Beard

Brrr... it's chilly out there this morning, temperature is -2.4 and will drop again by daylight. A dusting of snow on everything. I'm off to town today but sure wish I was home to tend the fire, the house will be cooled off by the time I get back home again. A couple of appointments, volunteer work and a few errands should round out the day - hoping for a smooth, drama free day. We got the new telephone directories last night, I'm not sure what idiot designed those but I can't imagine even a person with 20/20 vision will be able to read those without a magnifying glass. They've cut the size of the book down as well as the font. I tend to use it for local calls but for most others I go to Canada 411 on line.
We had the first snow of the season yesterday. It was  a miserable wet and cold day. Rain most of the day and turned to snow in the late afternoon - yes the temperature dropped.  I'm really not ready for the snow and winter, I could wait a few more weeks or a month before I had to admit that it was here. Finished up the kitchen, did some mending and made pumpkin whoppie pies. I'm still not 100% happy with them, but Larry says they are good but moist; whatever that means. Next time I'm going with a little less pumpkin which is what I did the first time when they turned out well. Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes with cream cheese and veggies for supper. It was good and of course it means leftovers. So it wasn't a day for photos, no sign of the Eagle in the morning.
 Took these a few days ago.
 I love the Old Man's Beard on the trees.
 If you look hard sometimes you can find a bit of color still.












Very few berries in the hood now, I like the soft blurry look of these photos.















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment