Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 320 - 15th November 2013 - Squirrels, Birds and a Bit of Snow

So I slept in a little this morning - pretty rare, but guess I must have been tired. Temperature is nippy again at -1.6, but looks like it will be a fine day. Back to the cleaning again for me today - Blah! The raccoons knocked one of our feeders over last night. We've never had problems with them before until this fall, well soon they will be off napping for the winter so they are probably trying to bulk upon food.
Lexi and I had a good day. I continued with the massive cleaning project - living room is done except for a corner unit and a few shelves. I'll wait til I decorate for Christmas to do those since I usually take the stuff off of them and use them for decorations. Before I put things back I'll wash the dishes, etc. No point in doing things twice! Pretty quiet in the hood, but activity in our yard at the feeders.
Grandmother's Journal:
15th November 1974: To town to work. Bob came down for me. Took Mother's car. Rain hard. Cleared some around supper time. No kids this weekend. Thinking of moving. [meaning - to town for the winter]
16th November 1974: Bobbie & Mike up, cold and showers. Ruth, Bettie, girls and Sid to Bridgewater. 

 Sassy Sammy the Squirrel.
 A bit of snow from the other day has remained in a few spots.

 Puddles were frozen yesterday morning.
The sweet little Chickadees, I enjoy watching them.
 These greedy Blue Jays are driving me a bit nuts, they are in all of the feeders.
 Red-winged Blackbirds. Adult and Juvenile.
 Just like he's rubbing it in that he can eat where he wants.
Last year I had one little Junco all winter, appears he has returned.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment