Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 311 - 6th November 2013 - Reflections, Beaver work, Birds around the Feeder

Milder this morning, temperature is +3.3. This is a good thing - it's my town day so maybe the house won't be quite so cold when I get home later today. The joy of using wood and winter months. Although technically winter doesn't set in until next month. Aiming for a productive day in town, some errands, shopping etc to get done.
Tuesday was one of those days that made me glad to be home. It was totally calm and quiet around the lake. A bit chilly on my early walk but warm up as the day went on. Put sunflower seeds in the feeders in the morning, first time this season. I had stopped about mid summer as I was over run with Squirrels, Mourning Doves, Blue Jays and Grackles. Wasn't long and the Chickadees made an appearance, so fun to watch them zip back and forth. A few Blue Jays, Grackles and Mourning Doves did show up as well as a Squirrel. A Woodpecker spent most of the afternoon enjoying an apple tree and a few others in the yard. Guess I'm going to have to live with them all. Hoping the Goldfinches will be here soon as well as the rest of the winter feeders. Finished off the pantry - took longer than I hoped it would, but that's the way any room goes with a lot of dishes.
Perfect morning for reflections.
 The sun shone softly over the lake.
 A White Breasted Nuthatch.
 The Beaver must be adding a few sticks to his house for winter insulation.
 He's been busy.
 A Junco at Lois' - the first I've seen in the hood for a while.
 The Little Brown Creeper.
 Lois and I were on her deck watching the birds and discussing the various ones as they came in to the feeders. We noticed the White Breasted Nuthatch but the Red Breasted hadn't been around yet, when suddenly he appeared.
 Hairy Woodpecker.
A Grackle hunting in the grass.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment