Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 310 - 5th November 2013 - Ducks, Blue Jays, Chickadees and Woodpecker

Ugh another too early morning for me. Temperature is crisp at -1.9, but the stars are all out. Hear the coyotes off in distance (but not really far away). Looking forward to another fine day. Might spend some time outside this afternoon - need to finish cleaning up a couple of flower beds, put the bird bath away and a few other decorations. Should find a good spot to put the new bird feeder that Larry made - a place that I can take photos on cold stormy days from the kitchen window but at the same time provide a bit of protection for the birds.
It was nice to have a sunny day after three days of rain, although the northerly wind was chilly all day. Kept the fire going, our house just doesn't warm up with the sun or at least the parts I'm in don't. Decided to tackle the Pantry - another one of those small rooms which have a lot of things in it and are time consuming, especially when I get the idea to re-arrange. I also had some Bulk Barn purchases to put away, refill sugar canister, etc. Of course like any fine day Lexi and I roamed the hood and a few neighbour's yards. Not much out there these days other than the regular feeder birds. Finally got my fall bulbs planted too.
 A few of the Mallards.
 A little mist still across the lake.

 I don't think he got much breakfast from Lois' deck.

 The Blue Jays are good photographic subjects.
Think I'm going to have to get myself one of these feeders.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment