Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 314 - 9th November 2013 - Nuthatches, Chickadees, Starlings and Flowers

No wind this morning, so not quite as cold although the temperature is +2.7 which isn't really warm. Feeling a tad more normal this morning but am snuffed up so might be a head cold in the works - joy, joy! Trying to decide whether to go to Yarmouth today in search of the Bean Goose that was located there yesterday. It would certainly be a great addition to my life list as he is way off course and lost in Nova Scotia. They are a bird found in Europe and Asia but not in these parts for sure. Wonder if he hitched a ride on a ship. Could do some shopping while I was there as well. Sounds like a road trip to me!
I didn't have what you would call a very productive day on Friday. Kind of sluffed off.  Did get a few things done around the house and of course Lexi and I did our normal roaming the hood. The temperature certainly changed and my mid afternoon I saw a few of those white things in the air (snow) - not that it stayed but was a sign of the season we are beginning. Can't say I felt right great - like I'm started to get a cold or something. I did sleep on the sofa half of the evening before going to bed which is usually a sure sign.
 White-Breasted Nuthatch.
 Red-Breasted Nuthatch. I love the way they are always going in an upside down direction.
 Chickadee checking things out.
 They both got the sunflower seeds.
 Quite sure this is a Starling, there were two of them but they didn't stay long.

 Clouds with a bit of blue sky.
Still a little color in this garden.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment