Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 316 - 11th November 2013 - Goldfinches, Ducks, White Breasted Nuthatch and a Woodpecker

It's Remembrance Day - please take a few moments this morning to remember those who fought for us.
First time in a long time I've slept this late - 5:15 am. Boy that feels good. So it will be a productive day! Temperature is +4.7, weatherman says a chance of showers this morning then clearing. Tomorrow's garbage pickup so I need to do a bit of purging - or those things that I don't want Larry taking out of the bags again.  Might even do some baking today - can't be sure yet. Will see how things go and my time.
Well I did get the lead out yesterday and got a few things done around the house. Larry & Lexi went to the garden and pulled the rest of the carrots. He's planning to put them in sawdust in hopes of keeping them part of the winter - the freezer is full! It was mostly a rainy, dismal, cold day. We ran in to town after lunch to do a few things. It was time to get more Sunflower seeds and mixed seeds for the feeders. I'm spying more around the feeders each day. The Goldfinches have arrived along with the Red-breasted and White-breasted Nuthatches. Just wish I could evict the squirrels! I looked around in hopes of finding a Christmas gift or two, picked up a few things to stick in with others but that was about it. I really have no idea what to buy, so until I get some kind of a brain flash, it's hard to shop. A nice pork loin roast for supper with lots of veggies.
 A couple of Goldfinches - they will soon turn in to a flock.
The White-breasted Nuthatch is one of my favourites. He comes to the feeder on the deck and will pick seeds off of the deck that have fallen out.









There was quite a good size flock of ducks in the lake the other day.
Am getting tired already of these dismal looking skies.
Looks like he might be a Downy Woodpecker - there were two of them playing around.



















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment