Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 92 - 1st April 2012 - Lots of buds and new growth

The temperature is -3.7 this morning. I thought it would have stayed warmer, but the temps will rise today, suppose to be nice today. It's April Fool's Day, as well as the fist day of trout fishing season and clam digging. So many things to do! Larry picked up his fishing license yesterday and has said he will take Lexi and I to a fishing hole he knows if Glenn doesn't call him to go. She and I can roam around and take photos while he fishes. Think I better take something out of the freezer, just in case.
April Fool's Day is typically a day when people play tricks on one another. I can remember in school it was always a great day. The tradition is said to go back to the year 1392 when Chaucer's Canterbury Tale's was written. Depending on what part of the world you are in, this holiday may fall on 1 October.
Some spring cleaning done around home yesterday, a walk then I sat out on the deck for a bit and read. Larry and Lexi had gone up the road to fix something for a friend so I had the house to myself for a while. Need to get my deck chairs out of the building, may risk that today in the hopes that no more bad weather will rear it's ugly head. That was kind of a lazy hour, but nice. It was so peaceful and serene all you could hear were birds singing their songs.
A Robin stands under the shadow of a neighbours mail box.
I was roaming around a neighbour's yard - not sure it looks like a lilac bush but it's small so I'm not quite sure. Anyway it's leaves are budding out.
Forsythia is almost in flower, there was one very yellow bud that will probably open today. If these are cut and brought inside in a vase of water they will open rather quickly.
Some more leaves sprouting out.
The rhododendron has huge big buds.
Lots of reflections in the lake as the sun played along the top, creating quiet ripples.
Found some more bulbs that I planted last fall, but I've forgotten what they are!
Small and delicate, need to find my books and look it up.
So the sun is shining, looks like a beautiful Sunday. Glenn is going to dig clams, we are going trouting this afternoon. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun fishin'!! Nothing quite like a trout fishing excursion.

    ReplyDelete