Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 106 - 15th April 2012 - A very quick trip around Cape Sable Island

The temperature is really mild this morning at +5.0. The sun rose without me this morning, I must be  getting lazy but it was nice to sleep til 6:30. My brain must be clear of conflict these days and not racing all night. It's a good feeling and has been a long time. It's kind of cloudy this morning but I'm sure that will clear later.
Yesterday was a beautiful day, lots of sunshine! We went to Barrington to do our grocery shopping, what a joy to get everything on my list and not come home with a purse full of rainchecks. Then we took a drive to Cape Sable Island. Should have done this first since I had frozen food, etc so we didn't spend a lot of time, but we did stop at Clam Point and the Hawk Beach. So as usual when I hit the beaches I have way too many photos even if it's a short run, so enjoy:
A Panorama view I took at Clam Point.
They have a great little place to park with a gazebo at Clam Point, where you can enjoy the ocean view.







Love the colors of the ocean, various shades of blue and green.
A Seagull tip toes across the beach.
The Hawk Beach was a great spot and worth exploring again.
The sun was glistening on the rocks and water.
Lots of kelp, shells and stuff along the beach.
Just a blur of water as it splashes up.
I understand that the Hawk area is a great place for bird watchers. The water and sky were beautiful today.
A Panorama View at the Hawk Beach, oh yes that's Larry hiding among the rocks with his camera.
I snuck a shot of Larry while he was shooting something else!
Traps littered the beach rocks.  We headed back to the truck, didn't want to keep Larry out too long, even though the sun was out there was a bit of a chill in the air on the beach.
Stopped in to Clyde River for a couple of fish burgers for the ride home, it was way past lunch time and we were both getting rather hungry. Next time we'll take photos first shop second. There are lots of places to explore and take photos on Cape Sable Island so we will make a return trip in a few weeks. All in all a great day.

Time for that second cup of coffee and get my day going!
Enjoy your day.



1 comment:

  1. Stopped in Clyde River lol, planned it didn't ya!! Nice photos and so much nicer than seeing ice and that white stuff :)

    ReplyDelete