Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 100 - 9th April 2012 - Gardening, Birdhouses and Ornaments

Good Morning! I can't believe I've made it to day 100. Seems like I just started last week. Just goes to show how time flies by. The temperature is  +3.6, that's certainly a little warmer than it has been the last week, but the weather forecast is for showers this morning. Maybe it will clear this afternoon. I'm hoping this morning will have grouting on the list of fun things to do. Tile is on, moulding is up on the sides so time for the final step. Maybe in the next day or two there will be photos of the finished product. We still have the floor to paint yet, but no point in doing that until the rest is finished up. Hopefully he can do that some evening and it will dry over night, or we may have to do it in sections. I'm going to leave that up to Larry!

Had a great meal yesterday at Mom and Dad's. Nice to have part of the family together, even if all of them couldn't make it. Of course I went home and put on something containing elastic in the waistband. Dessert is my favourite meal of the day and when there is Khalua Cheesecake and a trifle, yes I had both. Really who can make a decision!  Don't get me wrong the ham, veggies, etc were fantastic but dessert is definitely the highlight of my day!

It's also the time of year to get ready for gardening. Larry has started some of our seeds in the house. A little later than usual, but most years he starts too early and we end up with having to move things into pots rather than cell packs because it's not time to put them out and they are too big for the house. In that case we put them out during the day on the deck, back in at night. So far his "cheddar" cauliflower has sprouted. Rarely can we grown vegetables of regular colors they have to be a bit exotic looking - purple carrots, cheddar cauliflower, purple brocolli, burgundy beans - you get the idea. My father is of the old school of gardening and just rolls his eyes.
There are some new spring like garden ornaments cropping up around the neighbourhood.  Ah yes, I've been roaming around yards again!
These will soon be in bloom, they are growing and getting bigger everyday, providing the white stuff that came from the sky yesterday doesn't make them crawl back into the ground.
Not much going on with the lake - greyness and cold, a ripple or two from the wind. The water is low this spring, lower than I think I've seen it in a long time this early in the year.
We should soon see a new family moving in to this house. It's about that time of year. They will be scouring the neighbourhood for bits and pieces to decorate their new home for the season.
Some of you will be having an extra day off today, although I think the stores, banks are open, but schools and government offices are closed.
Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment