Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 102 - 11th April 2012 - Kitchen, Blooms and the Sick

The temperature was +1. this morning, but I see it has dropped a tad since I first got up. Definitely a little chillier than yesterday, but still not bad. They want some rain for the new few days, we can use it so I shouldn't complain. Another wednesday and I am off to town this morning. Next week will be my last week home, then back to work. I hope the weather is nice and I can enjoy some outdoor time.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, +21.5 here in the afternoon. Buzzed around in the morning doing some spring cleaning once I tossed Larry back to bed with drugs and cough syrup. I even took a chance a put away my downfilled winter jacket. Then I headed outside around noon to work on weeding out one of the flower beds. Got most of it done, but have to wait until a few more things come up to decide whether I am pulling weeds or flowers! Sat on the deck for a half hour later on, made my sandwiches for the meeting, supper then headed to town.
The mostly finished product, still have the floor and knobs. A few stools for around the counter would be great. I'm really happy with the job Larry did. I have a pantry too, so many next year we can reno there. Umm.....am already plotting.
And we took the doors/drawers off the cupboards and made new ones. Hoping to replace the countertop where the sink is this summer.
The sky was blue with a few fluffy clouds and the lake was even bluer.
Am thinking it won't be many days now and this will be blooming.
A close up of the lichen on a tree, kind of cool when you look at it like this.
Love these little flowers, even though they are small they pop right out in the yard when I look  from kitchen window.
Hoping Larry feels better when he gets up this morning, having a sick man around the house is not the funnest thing. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. I thought he was feeling better late yesterday afternoon but last evening he was suffering again from chills, which was probably brought on by going out. Packed him off to bed when we got home with some cough syrup and cold tablets and didn't hear from him all night, or I slept through it. Just poured another coffee, so time to get moving.
Enjoy your day!







1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on the kitchen. When Larry is feeling better tell him, as when a Man is sick they don't seem to absorb anything but the misery they are suffering!!! Hope you have a productive day and enjoy your lunch!!

    ReplyDelete