Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 93 - 2nd April - Fishing with a Herding Dog!

Mild on this Monday morning, temperature is +1.8. The work week has begun again. Larry is off this morning to find supper tonight. No not trout this time but clams, I think he'll have better luck. I have lots to do here and if it is warm enough maybe Lexi and I will go out side and do some work once the inside stuff gets finished up. And I have some paper work to do too - yuk! Am starting another photography class later this week with Cheryl, so am looking forward to that. Soon I'll have more time to do things I want to and need to, time to pass on some of my volunteer obligations to another person (so they can pull their hair out for a while!) Another few weeks and I'll be back to work on a regular basis.

Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday. We worked a bit in the yard in the morning - well I supervised, Lexi stole Larry's hat and ........ you know who did most of the work. I'll get into the swing soon, I had a few inside things to finish up anyway. Around lunch time we headed up the road to a secret fishing hole - I'm not sure how secret it is since the path is well beaten down. So if you really want to go fishing don't take your wife and Australian Shepherd with you. First thing Larry did was cross the brook to fish on the other side. Lexi not terribly keen on water started across but was sliding on rocks or something and came back. Being a herding dog she doesn't like her flock seperated which disturbed her to no end and almost landed me in the brook, and/or my glasses and camera. She and I had a disagreement and Larry decided for the safety of all involved he should come back on the same side. This worked and we trotted along the bank, he fishing, me taking photos and Lexi running up and down happily checking on her flock.
Not sure if this brook/stream runs from the Clyde or the Roseway River. Several trees have been cut and dropped across.
The fisherman - this is where the problem started - he's on the other side.
She went part way but there were too many limbs at the end.
So she came back.
That's what the other side looked like.
I love the bubble, foam and fast moving water.
Just a blur as it goes over the rocks.
Looks almost like a little cave in the darkness beneath the rock.
Fishing from the bank in a still spot.
We left there and headed elsewhere. Stopped into Indian Fields and tried a stillwater, pretty but without fish.
Lexi, got a drink, then paused to look for Larry.
Checking again. She doesn't like either of us to be out of her sight for very long.
And so we headed for home. The truck got cleaned out, had supper and a quiet evening. That was our Sunday, hope you had a good one too!
Enough for now, time to get a start on, my second cup of coffee is ready. Enjoy your day!









No comments:

Post a Comment