Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 108 - 17th April 2012 - Blooms, Blooms and More Blooms

Can't believe the temperature this morning it's +10.1, now that's warm at 5:30am. Today is an adjustment day, I no longer have my quiet time in the morning since Larry is back to work and everyone is up so I'm a bit out of whack to say the least. I rather enjoy that time in the morning when no one else is around. Lexi was out of sorts this morning, as the paper doesn't come quite that early and she looks forward to bringing it in first thing in the morning. It did come around 6am so out she went for it again. It will take us a day or two to get back in to the swing of working days. But that's ok, before you know it all will be smooth running again!

Yesterday was another beautiful day, took a long time for the fog to burn off and get there but by afternoon it was +22.8 with the sun just beating down! I spent most of the morning reading through a couple of chapters of our upcoming Water Street publication before Karen fired me as co-author or editor. I also need to start getting photos put together for this. Photos are my favourite part, love trying to dig out old ones that people either haven't seen or it's been a long time since they've been around the public. It's a lot of work layout out a book, getting things just where you want them - page breaks, photos, etc. but it's the part I like the best. I made a batch of cookies after lunch then did some more weeding in the flower beds - or I tried to figure out what where weeds and what were plants. It's been quite a while since I've found time to really dig in the dirt so they have run a muck! 

I went for a walk before lunch. The path through the woods was really quiet, not a bird singing nothing, the lake was empty of ducks and still a bit foggy.







The Forsythia is pretty, bright yellow like the daffodils and sunshine.
The Lungwort is in full bloom now, even though there's been some odd blooms over the last few months.
Another guard kitty, not sure what he's going to pounce on, guess that squirrel better not mess with him.
This are the tiniest daffodils I've ever seen. Hard to tell from the photo but take my word for it, miniature versions.
The purple and white wood hyacinths are now in full bloom and it looks like the one in the foreground will be pinkish.
I found these little beauties in my yard this morning.  The small flowers always amaze me - all of a sudden they are in bloom and you don't even see buds most of the time. I think they are Scillia.
Wild violets on my front lawn. I'll be glad when some bigger flowers come in bloom, I seem to be spending a lot of time crawling on my stomach over the ground. It's really the only way to get up close and personal with small flowers!

If today turns out anything like yesterday I may have to find a pair of  shorts to wear while I'm out doing my weeding. Might as well take advantage of that sun while it's there!
Enjoy your day!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, now i know what that flower is "lungwort" lol Oh the things you learn, probably won't remember this time next year. Hope you a productive day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful although your kitty ornament looks like he's been snorting a bit too much catnip! I've seen those tiny little bluish white flowers before, Scillia...never knew what they were called though. I always loved that drive up the road with all the lakes...
    You know what I miss, driving up to see my grandmother's old house. Will have to do that next time I'm down that way. I'm sure it's changed alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The folks who own her house love to see the family come, so be sure you do stop up. It's such a pretty drive past all the lakes!

      Delete