Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 112 - 21st April 2012 - Birds, Tulips and Clothes on the Line

Another very warm morning at +8. It's pretty foggy though, hope that's going to disappear shortly. I slept in this morning, go figure! Will run in town and pick up the bare staples; bread, milk and eggs, then back home to hopefully do some work outside. I know Larry wants to work in his wood pile. Perhaps the rain will wait until this evening and we can get a day outside. From now on it's only the weekends. Of course he and Lexi are still in bed, and I get my "quiet time" Rah!

So blogger has changed their format, for a newbie like me this is not a good thing. I'm just figured out some of the old way and now they do something new. The new format is only on my end as far as I know. Hopefully in a few days I'll have it sorted out. Oh well here we go again!

Another beautiful day yesterday. I did some light housekeeping early, read another chapter in Water St. and then Lexi and I pretty well goofed off the rest of the day. Karen stopped for coffee before lunch time and we sat on the deck, enjoying the sun and chatting. I was glad she came to visit. She's a great person and easy to talk to. Although I think I probably talked too much, must be spending time with Lexi, she isn't big on conversation and it's usually one sided with us. Spent some time doing some more weeding after she left, then decided that deck chair was really comfortable earlier....... took my book and headed to the deck! The sun nearly put me to sleep, so I closed my eyes and could hear the sounds of Spring - the ducks flying overhead talking from one lake to another, the loons in the lake. It was heaven.
I looked out in the morning and there was a Flicker in the yard. He blends in somewhat with the grass. Had to stand on a chair so I could take photos through the window. Figured if I opened the door he would be gone.






Wish I could have gotten a little closer. He's rather attractive with his bars and spots of black and little red patch on his head. 
Mr Woodpecker had moved from the telephone pole to the apple tree - hanging upside down hunting for bugs.
Lexi, cooling off and get a drink. She's not a water dog, doesn't like to swim, but will play and wade in the lake.
It had opened up a little more by the morning........
and a little more after supper, hope it opens up all the way before it rains. I went out for a walk after supper, it was a nice evening, cooling off a bit though or the wind was making it a little cooler.
A great day for hanging out clothes, hope she remembered to bring them in last night.
I got really close to him this time, I was almost sitting under the feeder. I've discovered if I just plunk down on the ground and sit there quietly they often just ignore me and don't feel I am a threat. Then the neighbours finding me sitting under their feeders but..........I think they are starting to ignore me too!
And I headed home, catching the sun setting behind the trees over Beaver Farm Lake.
Must finish my coffee, grab another, check out Facebook and see what interesting things are happening there and it will be time to wake the rest of the household and begin things.
Enjoy your day!


6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a relaxing day! Keep your watch on the neighbourhood for us and we will be able to sleep easier! Did you smell the fire nearby, I was sure I could over here? Hate that woodland is being destroyed so close at hand! Sorry your time off is almost over...and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We could smell the smoke off and on here too, It's so dry I'm scared of fires in the woods right now. Hopefully the rain we are expecting will dampen things down a bit.

      Delete
  2. Good morning! Love the photos, as always. I saw your pic of laundry on the line an immediately remembered the load I put out there yesterday and forgot about.... oh well.
    I don't like the new dashboard format much either. I keep switching back to classic view. One thing I need to find out is if there is a way to be notified if someone leaves a comment or a follow up comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, should have posted last night as a reminder for those clotheslines!LOL! I get an email when people leave comments.

      Delete
  3. Jacki said, "Lexi is beautiful" of course we already knew that. Like you we might find the rain a terrible inconvenience, however, the ground is dry and so is the forest. I am afraid that if this trend continues we could be in for a terrible summer with fires. Nice photos again as usual, like the Flicker so now I know what that unusual little bird is. I have a nest of birds at the end of the house. Two years in a row, hopefully they will be hatched and out of here before the carpenter arrives to put the rest of the siding and windows in. If not he will have to start on the other side lol, can't disturb the "birdies". They eat the bugs!! Hopefully you have had a great day....I am off to clean up the kitchen after the marathon of "fish cakes"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the turbo worked for you this evening! Tell Jacki thanks!LOL Remember chocolate cake the next time you have salt fish!

      Delete