Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 98 - 7th April, 2012 - Wisteria, Daffodil Blooms and still feeling Blah!

Cooler this morning, with the temperature at -2.4. It's suppose to be a fairly nice day, then tonight it will turn and we won't discuss tomorrow. I've promised no more words about the white stuff that comes out of the sky! But remember it is Nova Scotia and weather can change in a second. I am still battling this head cold, although this morning it doesn't feel quite as bad, maybe I'm on the upswing now. Yesterday |I hardly had energy enough to move and my head felt thick and foggy. I tried trolling through some 1940 Census records but the names just ran together so I gave up. I didn't get out to take pics of the full moon last night either. I didn't have the gumption to go sit on a rock and wait and thought it wouldn't be a great idea right now. Just about the time I was heading to bed I could see it through the trees like a bright beacon rising to the sky. I'm disappointed this morning, but last night I just felt too rotten. I guess there will be next month.
I suppose today we have to go beat our way through the grocery store - agh it will be busy. Not that we need much but the staples of bread, milk and eggs are getting low. If we didn't have to eat or buy gas we would be rich!
Larry came home with more clams yesterday, so we know what he'll be doing - shelling some out for the freezer this time. He did the moulding around the new counter the other day, and yesterday glued down the tiles on the small counter next to the fridge where the microwave sits. We decided to tile that as well. So now he needs to put moulding around that, and then we are ready for grouting for both.

My Wisteria is budding up.
Standing behind the Wisteria and looking out. Umm.... wonder what I'm going to do with this, it seems to be taking over the yard and trees - growing upward and downward.
Like an octopus from a science fiction  movie it twirls around and around it's victim.
I'm really enjoying these little flowers.
A daffodil soon will be open up, maybe today or tomorrow.
Not much today, hopefully in the next few days when I feel  like crawling, creeping and roaming around I will find more to offer. Somedays will be like that I'm sure.
Enjoy your day!



2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your morning prose! It is obvious you are not feeling well, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who is not feeling well, you followed through with another "welcome to another day" lol You are correct that does look like something out of Star Trek lol. When you start seeing Romulins, Spock or Bones in the back yard then you should be concerned. Have a good day, I am off to get groceries(where is the prozac and ativan) ughh not looking forward to it. Looks like they have succeeded in taking this Holiday and making it into a consumer nightmare. Not sure what ever happened to a few Easter Eggs, a chocolate bunny and a new dress for Sunday School. A sign of the times but I find it so sad..... Chow for now. Hopefully you won't need more kleenex :)

    ReplyDelete