Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 121 - 30th April 2012 - Family Visit, Birds and Flowers

Brrr.... it's chilly this morning! The temperature is -1.2 but feels colder. I am sure it will warm up. It was a great weekend and now it's over, back to Monday. Oh well, can't do anything about weather or the week days, so we will be glad to have jobs and weekends. I'm hoping before the end of this week I can finish getting the centre cleaned up, re-oranized and ready for the season. Today is also the end of the month, another one gone but our year end as well, so there's work to be done for that, book shop inventory etc.
Yesterday turned out to be nice, but not overly warm. Sweatshirt weather, not T-shirt weather like a few weeks ago. But  we can live with that, it will warm up again. Chris and the boys arrived yesterday morning, Larry headed off to breakfast at the hall with them. I stayed home, turkey in the oven for supper so someone has to tend it. Then I made some cookies, they were planning to go fishing after breakfast and growing boys won't last long unless they have continuous nourishment! Apparently one of them did, most of the cookies didn't quite make it to the brook. They both got wet so it was a change of clothes and in the dryer their wet ones went. Hey that's the fun of it, right. Got all the work I was going to do done, new Mantra - "Life is for Living".  Too many people are dying lately so, you need to get out there and do what you want to do. Housework and all that stuff can get done on a rainy day. Going to work is one thing you have to do, but take a little time out to enjoy life!
Looks like the Evening Grosbeaks are sharing a joke.
An old standby - the BlueJay. Colorful and noisy [although I would still like to see one of those Indigo Buntings!]
Another visitor has joined the party!
Another of my tulips, I think this is different variety than the other two. Should have kept the wrappers that they came in when I planted last fall.
Barb's Helleborus. They are really pretty, love the white.
A closer view of one of the flowers.
And they are still hanging around. Having a nap on the rock this evening.
Larry built a fire this morning in the furnace, kind of need that right  now. Well I suppose I need to finish off my coffee and get a few things done before it's time to head out to work. The sunrise is beautiful through the trees this morning and I can just see glimmers of it on the lake.
Enjoy your day.


4 comments:

  1. Good morning to you! It's chilly here too this morning. I've been thinking of a fire in the woodstove but I sit down here and get caught up in the internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens to me too Donna! Thank goodness Larry is not an internet person!LOL!

      Delete
  2. Sent you an email earlier this morning. I got up and started a fire just to take the chill off, but that glorious sun has some heat to it and promises lots of heat. My question is when? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got home and Larry started another fire, that sun did not warm up the house!

      Delete