Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 115 - 24th April 2012 - Rain and Wind

I can still hear the wind roaring and assume it's raining too, but it's dark so will have to wait on that one. At least it's mild, more like down right warm +15.5. With this kind of weather I will get use to being back in the office again, no longingly looks out the window wishing I could be in the garden at home. It's a good week to start back.
Yesterday went well, which really surprised me. Now if the rest of the week goes the same way I will have accomplished a lot. It's usual quiet the first few days until people figure I'm back and then ........but oh well, that's the point of me being there. Managed a photo on the way to catch my ride with Nancy in the morning. I'm lucky enough to be able to catch a ride to work. Here in the country we don't have the public transport system that the government is always telling us to use, but we do make do most of the time. Around supper time the wind was blowing hard and it was "raining cats & dogs". First day back and by the time Coronation Street came on at 6:30 I was ready for bed.......no I didn't go! I guess it's the structured day that wears me out more. At home I can switch around, go for a walk, etc.
The lake was rather grey and foggy this morning.








Not sure how well you can see this,  but it appears our little woodpecker now has room to turn around in his telephone pole house. I'm thinking there is a nest being built.
I like the fungi that grows on the sides of trees, some of it is colorful and has kind of neat designs.
Lots of rain droplets on this daffodil.
Mrs. Woodpecker - notice no red on her head.
I guess today will include my "muckers" or rubber boots. Muckers are put out by Clarks, I bought them a couple of years ago in Boston and they are so comfy and good for wet days like this. They are a low (not quite to the ankle) rubber boot, similar to the ducky boots that everyone use to wear but more stylish.  I like them and they are comfortable enough to wear all day. I am not keen on wet feet all day even when it's mild. One thing I'm lacking in my wardrobe is a good rain jacket with a hood, so the next time I hit Frenchy's that better be on my look for list. I haven't been there in ages and it's almost time for some new spring/summer clothes. $40. and I can outfit myself without feeling guilty if I don't wear them forever.
Must get a move on. Enjoy your day!

1 comment: