Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 120 - 29th April 2012 - The Canada Geese

Well a slight change in the temperature this morning, it's -1.6. They did say we could have a chance of frost the next few nights, looks like they could have been right. On the other hand the sun is once again rising before I did, and it looks like it could be a nice day rolling in. The wind has died out and I'm sure it will warm up. Need to finish up the housework, Larry's brother and his two boys are coming for breakfast at the fire hall, then they will all do some fishing for a few hours. I'll stay home and tend the turkey that's going in the oven this morning and do my work. Hopefully can get the rest of those bulbs planted. This afternoon Larry, Lexi and I will head out for a few hours.
Yesterday did not warm up.....brrrrrrr! After a couple of loads of laundry I decided to bite the bullet and plant my bulbs, after putting about half of them in the ground I no longer had any feelings in my fingers so gave it up and went in to do some housework. Larry came home and we decided it would be the time to move rose bushes, did I mention it was spitting S [not allowed to print any 4 letter words that come from the sky!] One went well, the other we had to dig up part of the back yard, through wisteria roots and fir tree roots to get it all, but we managed. Hopefully they will survive. They are some Explorer roses that I had planted a number of years ago, nice and hardy for our winters [all joking aside] and require little maintenance. Following more cold fingers I decided to go for a walk through the woods, haven't been that way for a few days. 
 I took a few photos on my walk, a few  new little flowers in bloom, but then I came to the lake, saw the ducks and started snapping some of them. They were swimming around. Swung my camera  to the left and WOW this is what I was looking at through my viewfinder!






I nearly peed my pants! Two Canada Geese up front and personal! Right there in front of me. I just kept taking photo after photo.
Maybe I'm too easily made happy, but boy this was the highlight of my day!
Ah, they are so cute!
A little action - must be the male showing off!

We took a drive to Upper Clyde yesterday afternoon, Larry to fish, me to take more photos and Lexi to have a good run. It was rather cold and windy, I was dressed with cap and gloves. I took lots of photos but will save those for another day when it rains and I can't get out. Today you will have to suffer my excitement at the Canada Geese! Tomorrow I'll post more variety!
Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. lol you could have used the "f" word for flurries but thankyou for refraining from using the other four letter word. I was so excited when I saw the photos I tried to respond from my blackberry and forgot my password. The photos are beautiful, I truly believe that they are Mother Nature's greatest creation. They are regal and magnificent and did I mention so much fun to observe. Thanks for sharing, I had to open my laptop, sign on and wait for a signal to write my comment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can read I was very excited to see them!! Have been crying in my tea, that I've not been seeing any of the out of ordinary birds - indigo buntings etc that are all over the province these days, so this certainly perked me up and made me happy!

      Delete