Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 94 - 3rd April 2012 - Birds and Blooms

Nippy this morning, the temperature is -1.5. When I think about it that's probably more seasonal than some temperatures we had last month. Oh well, it warms up during the day and that's what counts. The grass is starting to green up, soon it will be time to mow. The phone just rang and it was Glenn, wanting to know if Larry was up to digging clams again today. Sounds good to me. Wonder if I should go too or stay home and be productive. You know I'm not digging I'm taking photos, well I'll see.
I think often these days of an old friend who has been sick for about a month. He's a strong man of faith with a wonderful wife and family. I've known them since before their children were born and they are now grown up, married with oodles of children of their own. So the years have past and they have moved back and forth but were a big part of my life many years ago, always supportive and there for me. So they remain in my heart and I hope and pray that he will soon be back to his old self again.

Yesterday was a great day! Although the weather was stranger than strange but will comment no further on that. Got some stuff out of my hair/boxed up/cleaned out. Rah! Lexi and I spent a little time out in one of the flower beds trying to revive that until stuff came from the sky [ no mention of what]. It's been a while since I've done any real flower gardening but this year I'm going to tackle it again. Time to revisit some of the things I used to like to do and find some new things too. Life is short, live it! I did get out for a walk in the afternoon, even though the weather wasn't great and managed a few photos.
My wonderful husband came home from digging clams yesterday afternoon with clams for supper. I knew he wouldn't let me down two days in a road [no trout on Sunday]. Another Rah! Oh were they ever good. He shelled some out and we fried them up. Maybe tonight we'll have more.

Purple Finch at the feeder. They are really pretty but can't figure out why they call them purple, looks more pink or rose colored to me.
A grossbeak and a nuthatch take a turn.
I am so grateful to have friends who have wonderful feeders for me to enjoy with my camera.
The purple finch has moved high in the tree.
A few more blooms are opening up on the mayflowers. Lots of buds.
The lupins are popping their head through the ground.
Purple violet (wild) are growing on the front of our yard.
At least they are bright and show up against all the leaves and grass even though they are very small.
Guess I better go wake Larry & Lexi up.......in a few minutes. Enjoy your day!





1 comment:

  1. Nice photos, and none of ice or frost :) Glad you enjoyed the clams, Billy loves clamming but will probably wait for a bit. Thoughts and positive vibes going out to your friend. Have a wonderful and productive day my friend.

    ReplyDelete