Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 114 - 23rd April 2012 - Rain Drops and more

Another warm morning but not quite like yesterday, today the temperature is only +9.7. Still plenty warm. As is the norm, it's dark out still and I can't tell if it's raining or not. Back to the Monday grind with the rest of the working world. As I have sat back and chuckled at comments on Facebook all winter about Monday, I will now be making the same remarks! It's not so bad, have to work sometime. Pay day will be better anyway, or at least I hope so! I still put in a fair amount of hours during the winter months from home as things still need to be done, now it's just more structured once I get back in the office and I get paid. I enjoy the work, but a small non-profit organization means you have to wear a lot of different hats, and fundraising will be a big priority this summer. So if you see me or one of our members selling tickets, etc. stop and buy some it's a great cause and we do lots of good work with genealogy and our local history.
Yesterday I whizzed through the house quickly, doing dishes, laundry, floors etc in the morning. Since it had stopped raining, thought I better go out and catch a few photos before it started up again. Whereas, Saturday I wanted big beautiful blooms today I was interested in rain drops on those same flowers. It began raining again on the way home from my walk, Larry and Lexi got home shortly after. The rest of the day was good for inside. After finishing off a few things, Lexi and I curled up on the sofa with the fuzzy burgundy blanket and a book and snuggled for a while before it was time to get supper under way. More or less a lazy afternoon and evening.
Tulips and Daffodils.








Rain drops - they look like beads on the tulip petals.
Lupin leaves are growing quickly.
And with rain and spring......bugs arrive, oh yes the black flies are wicked too!
Evening Grosbeak enjoying some seeds that have fallen from the feeder above. He seems quite dark so I'm guessing he hasn't quite got his summer coat on yet!
His lady friend, not quite as pretty.

I just checked the weather for the week and looks like we are going to get lots and lots of rain between this evening and tomorrow. And that rain on Monday folklore may come true....... Time to get things moving. Wish me luck!
Enjoy your day!



2 comments:

  1. trying this again....although I despise bugs of any sort I must say I like the one of the bug climbing the forsythia(spelling?) again the colours of Mother Nature...sometimes I believe she is a drag queen however the splashes of colour this time of year rejuvenate the soul :) Tech is on his way to see what is wrong with "network" I have diagnosed it a preMENopause :) Have a good Monday if there is such a thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday = Moanday if you listen to every one on Facebook. I don't seem to mind them so much ...just one day closer to Friday. But then again, as a Realtor, I don't have any "regular" hours and can be called out on Sundays, evenings and weekends anytime so Monday is just another day to me.

    ReplyDelete