Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 117 - 26th April 2012 - Strange Skies and Pink Flowers

It's Thursday morning and the temperature is +3.5. Daylight is coming and it's suppose to be a fine day. Off to work today, my brain didn't quite want to wake up. Funny how when you don't need to get up early it's not problem. Am hoping to get a few more days at the office before people really realize I am there. I've had the odd few through and phone calls but not like it normally is yet. Today I have some help coming, a young volunteer, Adam for a few days so that will make a difference to getting things back to rights for the busy season. It's also coming up to year end, so that means inventory, etc.

Considering yesterday didn't start off the greatest, it improved immensely.  I spent several hours doing paper work, but got it all done (I've been putting it off for a week or so), so that felt very good. Then I did all the standard housework stuff and got that down to a dull roar. Getting into the swing of my work week again. Lexi and I went out for a couple of walks. The sky was dark then light then dark again off and on all day. More NS weather! We did have a few showers in the morning. Larry came home quite wet; where he was working it rained hard in the afternoon. I am so jealous of all the photos I've been seeing of indigo buntings - guessing the wind and rain drove them a little off course as they are not native to here, but oh they are so pretty! Maybe on the weekend we can get out and find some odd and exotic birds, hopefully they haven't left by then.
Took these photos of the lake around 8:30 this morning, was the sky ever strange looking!







Can't quite decide if the sky is beaming something up or not!
The Pink Hyacinth is now in full bloom too.
I think this is an Azalea.
Up close....... I think the theme is Pink today!
And of course are Mallards, who have been shy lately.
So there is no doubt about it, this morning I need an extra cup of coffee. Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. Your plants and flowers are so much further along than they are around here and we're only 3 hours away! I love that first photo, the light is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds you off and running with plans to get alot accomplished today :) It is so nice to be optimistic lol, Nice to see the photos of the ducks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all! Always enjoy your comments.

    ReplyDelete