Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 118 - 27th April 2012 - Wind, Rain and Redcoats

I'm tired this morning, was late getting to bed (late for me) so am dragging my backside this morning. The temperature is +10.5 and I can hear the wind and rain battling out side even if I can't see it yet. Hopefully today will be as good as the rest of the week at work. Am finally getting back into the swing of it again. I think we'll go to Barrington after I get through this afternoon and do our grocery shopping and pick up the last of my two cupboard door knobs, they call the other week and they were in. Since the weather looks decent for the weekend, maybe we can squeeze some time off from yard work, housework to take a drive and see if we can find some of the birds that everyone else is seeing. I've also got my Vessey bulbs to plant.

Beautiful day yesterday, got lots of work done at the centre with my very able volunteer Adam. Today we should get all of those books up on the shelves. We've received a number of reference books which have to be accessioned, inventoried, etc. They are all most done. Rah!
Took some photos at the Bean Dock for their new Facebook group, nothing like pictures of food and happy people enjoying lunch to put people in the mood!
Last night was photography class, and Cheryl suggested we head down to the waterfront to do some photos - learn a few new techniques and practice some old ones. What fun! Although it did cool off quickly.
I like the shadow from the lamp post against the barn.










The steeple on Cox's Warehouse against the very blue blue sky!
An anchor on Dock Street. I've not quite mastered this new technique of flash fill, more practice!
The flags blowing in the wind on either side of the Fisherman's Memorial.
Just as we were getting ready to leave, we heard the sound of the re-enactors coming down the street - perfect photo-op!
They are around at lots of events and festivals throughout the summer, so check them out if you have a chance.
I'm betting they were warmer in their wool suits then I was, and we headed back.
So folks, I'm the one saying thank goodness it's Friday. Yes, I know I snickered at you all winter, but this week I'm happy to see Saturday on the horizon and appreciate her even more, having worked the week!
Enjoy the Day, stay dry!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Friday to you as well....Nice photos...I particularly like the lamp post(kind of cool the shadow) Last night would have been a great night to be back to Lake John staying in the camp. The rain on the roof would have lulled a person to sleep. Have a great day....

    ReplyDelete