Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 104, 13th April 2012 - Stormy Skies, Birds and Flowers

The temperature is a bit cooler than yesterday morning at 0.7. Got to love our weather it bounces all over the place. Apparently there was an earthquake Wednesday night about 175km off of Cape Sable Island; some parts of the county had hail yesterday but all we had was some rain showers. I slept in this morning, it was kind of nice not to get up until just before 6am, but now I feel like I'm running behind.

So yesterday I still had the sick husband roaming the house. Oh I truly hope he is back on his feet today. He did feel a bit better last night so fingers crossed. Not sure if we will both survive another day of this. I don't think he has ever been sick with something this many days and that in itself frustrates him [and me] except when he broke his leg and that's a whole different thing. That time he was laid up for months, but didn't whine. I'm hoping for the best that he awakes his old self , no negative thougths! Photography class was fun last night, it's nice to see every one's  photos and how they see things.
Yesterday morning one of the trees in the yard was alive with these little finches. It reminded me of a "charlie brown" Christmas tree decorated in gold ornaments. I counted 25 once. It was hard to get a good photo from the kitchen window but you can see a few of them, look close as some are hidden in the branches.
The antics of the woodpecker. He's back in the power pole again, and I mean in the pole! What do you think is in there?
The purple wood hyacinth is almost in bloom. Opening a little bit more each day.
The white one is a just a little further ahead, but there are some which aren't ready at all.
The sky was dark and ominous in places and bluer in others yesterday, just depended on which way you looked.
I'm out of time this morning, have a teleconference at 9am, and still have reports to read before it starts. I guess that's what happens when I sleep in!
It's Friday once again for all of you working people, the weekend is nearly upon us again!
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Friday!! Love the picture of the finches. Your teleconference has started and so has my day. Hopefully we both get alot accomplished and I get out of here for the city at a decent time. Not an enjoyable trip, a Memorial Service tomorrow and then right home. Will get to see the the little grand furbabies for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete