Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 96 - 5th April 2012 - Sadness, Headcolds and New Challenges

Another morning with temperatures roughly the same -1.1. The stars are all out and sky looks clear. Just checked the weather for the upcoming long weekend, what was looking like some nice days has now turn totally around. Why do I bother to check?? Now they are giving rain/snow flurries for Sunday - what is that all about? I guess we have to work around the weather. Although it is Nova Scotia, and it can change in a blink of an eye.
Nine years ago last night we lost my Aunt Marion to ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). She was always fun, loved to laugh, enjoyed life and we miss that. There was always a twinkle of laughter in her eyes. I remember some of the good times we shared over the years and I'm so glad I took the time to know her and love her growing up. We are all much better people for having her in our lives.
Yesterday was a good day. Got lots accomplished in town, had a  researcher in that I've not seen for a long time and who I used to work with many years ago. It was nice to catch up with her - family, etc. I've not had a headache for about 6 days, so I'm feeling pretty chipper. Although, I woke up with a head cold  which is just the pits. Can't believe I haven't caught the flu or cold that's been circulating all winter but now I get something now. Oh well, suck it up, this too shall pass! After Larry's two day excursion to the clam flats we have been on a steady diet of fried clams or clam fritters as some call them for supper - 3 nights in a row. Time to move on to meat and potatoes tonight. I'm not quite tired  but it is time for something different!
I didn't get much in the way of photos yesterday, a few bird ones including this of the doves, so I'll stroll through some older ones. It was a day that I ran out of time or perhaps nothing just caught my eye.
I like looking into the lake to see what sits at the bottom. No frogs yet.
There are several large pieces of drift wood in this front yard. A few flowers and shrubs and it makes for easy gardening with a unique look.
The mallards look almost like duck decoys on a calm lake.
Will soon be time to get the day underway, have had my coffee. May tackle some more of that 1940 Census, although I truthfully have to do some housework - dull and boring. Depending on how warm it is, maybe some gardening. Starting a new photography class this evening and I'm really looking forward to that. Will push myself to learn new things - I like the challenge. Cheryl's a great instructor and can get the best out of people.  For most of you in the workforce, today is your Friday.
Enjoy the Day!


1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe 9 years have passed, and although her passing makes me sad, just the mention of her name brings a grin. She sure was a special lady and Tammy & Sue both possess many of her qualities. Nice photos again even though you had to dig for them. Hope you enjoyed you photography class as I sure you did. I am looking forward to the long weekend but somehow know that I will have to come into the office atleast a couple of days. Have a great day and crank bag is having his clams tonight, which actually made him smile :) "he said thank you"

    ReplyDelete