Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 109 - 18th April 2012 - A Day of Fog!

The temperature remains mild for early mornings at +7.1. It was one of those mornings that my brain was telling me, just another half hour in bed which is unusual for me, must have been all that work I did yesterday. Of course today is Wednesday and I'm off to town, but the sun is rising in beautiful reddish hues over the lake and I don't have time to go skipping through the neighbour's yards this morning. I guess there won't be much fog today, figures!
It was a foggy day on the lake yesterday. The temperature was up +19 but it remained hazy and dismal. Wonder what happen to the sun that the weather man promised. I made great strides in the work department this morning - four rooms cleaned, some office stuff, lots of laundry and turned the mattress [oh my back!]. Lexi and I went for a walk on the path through the woods. When I got to the lake, I could hear the Loons but they were too far off, no ducks today. But  a Canada Goose flew by, close enough for a photo if I had been on my toes! In the afternoon we spent some time out weeding one of the flower beds. Am making some headway there too. Need to have room for some new bulbs I have coming.

Some of the islands in the lake were suppose to have been used by the Mi'kmaq many years ago. They travelled along the water ways - streams, rivers and lakes. I think they wintered in the woods and summered along the shores of the sea.






Lexi checking out the lake from the dock.








Near shore, we will soon be able to walk to this little piece of rock island.

 
A spot of foam along the beach.
The foam along the lake is alot tamer than that on the ocean. The beach is showing, early this year.
My new tulips will soon be in bloom. This is one of the bulbs I planted last fall and it kept trying to break through most of the winter.
The Solomon's Seal is poking up through the ground, they will be in bloom before you know it!
Sorry but no birds today and not a lot of color. I am getting use to sharing my mornings with the rest of the household, can't say I like it much but oh well, that's life!
Enjoy your day!


2 comments:

  1. I understand about the mornings. I have nearly two hours to myself from the time my hubby & kids leave the house in the morning until I have to leave for work. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes "me time" is necessary for those of us who get more accomplished with the solitude. lol Nice shot of Lexi, she seems to enjoy the little excursions. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete