Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 111 - 20th April 2012 - Sunrises and the Lake

Temperatures are still pretty good this morning at +4.2. I certainly got my quiet time as I woke up at 4am. It's been a while since I've done that so I can live with it every now and then. Again we have made it to Friday. Where does the week go? Suppose to be another fine day then we will be plagued with the much needed rain for a few days. Just too bad it'll happen on the weekend. So, if that's the case I'll put off the bulk of the inside work until Sunday and do some outside stuff today. Maybe Lexi and I will just have a fun day, who know! Not sure how much weeding I can do today, my right thumb is somewhat swelled and throbbing, and I think it's related to that pulling motion. Why do weeds and grass have such long roots?? I'm not whinning about it, just stating a fact, and not going to let it get the better of me.......suck it up Princess, right?

Yesterday was another fantastic day! Sun came out - a little slow mind you, but the temperature went up to +21 in the afternoon. I read through another chapter of Water Street in the morning, went through my folders of photos, did some dreaded housework, made muffins and before lunch was ready to head out the door to my weed gardens! And I'm making headway with those, I think I've now got room for the bulbs I've ordered from Vessey's which I hope will soon be here. Did I mention that I hauled myself down to the lake through the neighbour's backyard in my pj's at 6:20am and took some photos of the sun rising? Best of all I didn't get caught. I'm considering sending out a bulk email or flyer notifying the neighbours not to call the RCMP, send out their dogs or get out their guns if they see a strange woman lurking around their yards at odd hours of the day/night. After lunch Lexi and I walked over and had tea with Lois on her deck. Lexi of course had a few dog treats, she loves Lois and I don't think it's just for the treats.  It was a beautiful afternoon, quiet and serene sitting in the sun.
Early this morning - Panorma view
The colors in the sky were soft pinks and blues. Sunrises are like classical music you have Swan Lake, pretty tame and soft or starts of quietly and becomes more intense like In the Hall of the Mountain King [one of my favourite pieces, by Edvard Grieg].

The pink  from the sky reflects in the water.
I took quite a few pics this morning, but had to make it worth my while in case I ended up in jail!
Later in the morning........ you can see the rock way from island to island now.
The sky is blue with just a bit of cloud.
I like the way the sun sparkles on the lake, just a little of natures bling!
A little reddish tip on the tulip.
As the afternoon went on, it opened a little bit more.

Lexi enjoys wading in the lake. Something has caught her attention. She's always on the alert.
This was a fun pic, I was laying on the dock and she came over sticking her tongue out at me!  Once I got home of course I picked a tick off me, with the warmer weather comes the bugs.




5 comments:

  1. Great pics, Kim! Always enjoy your reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, tics are out? I'd always wanted to climb up the fire tower and take pics from there but would have never been brave enough to actually do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not fond of leaving the ground, Donna!

      Delete
  3. Finally got here, no wireless or internet at the office today for me. I left early and came home when the tech showed up to replace the router. Needless to say I was fowl all day and will start out Monday behind in the paper work!! Your blog had a way of calming me!!! Thanks and thanks to Lexi for making me smile. I like Mother Nature's Bling as well and the splash of colour....almost a reward for having to endure a colourless winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh from now on we will have lots of color! Hope you evening improves!

      Delete