Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 107 - 16th April 2012 - Squirrel, Cat and a Water Bug

The temperature is way up there this morning at +7.2. It's very foggy/hazy looking so I don't expect brilliant colors over the lake this morning as the sun rises. That fog will disappear soon enough and it will be warm and sunny again I'm sure. But I guess those of you who are back to work this morning don't want to hear that. I'm on my last week at home, so need to finish up some spring cleaning, etc.

You could not have asked for a nicer day than yesterday, in the afternoon the temperature rose to +26.3! It was a quiet day in the country, a walk and some work inside and out. We got knobs and drawer pulls for the kitchen so Larry put those on. The only thing left in the kitchen is the floor and later this summer we will order a new counter top for the rest of the old cupboards. And I want some stools for around the new cupboard. Another room done, I wonder how many more to go....... too many to count! The swallows arrived last week, there were several sightings. They will be busily building nests, black flies and mosquitoes won't be far behind!  So this is what I found around the neighbourhood yesterday -
I think we can say that the pussywillows are official done for the season!








They do look kind of cool as they are going to seed, almost like a pincushion full of stick pins.
A few bubbles on the lake.
A sign of spring - water bug skipping across the water.
The lake is summertime low.
This was one sassy little fellow!
And when we looked down this was the reason. Kitty was guarding the bird feeder and Mr. Squirrel couldn't rob it.
Most of the daffodils in my rose bush are in bloom now, a burst of yellow like sunshine!
Enjoy your day!





1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your day as well!! That water bug can stay right where he is, I mustsay he is rather photogenic as is the "guard cat"

    ReplyDelete