Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 187 - 5th July 2013 - Fog, Blue Skies and Red Eyed Vireo

It's Friday! I'm home today and it looks like it's going to be a hot, hot day once the fog burns off. Guess I'll whip around and do some housework, then Lexi and I will do some roaming around the hood and maybe a little time on the deck with a book. Nothing serious happening here today. Although the flower beds have more weeds than flowers at the moment so we might do a little work there.
Thursday started off pretty foggy but soon cleared off and became hot and sunny. Busy day at work, with little accomplished. I hate when software doesn't do what it's suppose to, eventually it did but not til I wasted an hour or more on it. Exercise class last night, a good evening and Cindy did a good workout but without making us suffer unduly!
Grandmother's Journal:
4th July 1974 - Picked about 9 qts of strawberries today. Garden looks real good. Peas in bloom. Potatoes starting to bloom. Hot sunny cloudy periods. Sounded like thunder in the distance tonight. One side of sky in sunset beautiful. Gertrude and I played crib all afternoon until Bob came. Mother brought me home.
5th July 1974 - Very humid. Some overcast. Fine most of day. Showers around supper time. Bettie and I picked strawberries - around 10 quarts. Sidney here for weekend. Cool tonight.
 A pretty foggy morning on the lake.

I'm going to say it's Canada Mayflower but I'm not 100% sure.



















Grasses and as well as Ferns are in the water now.











 Red Eyed Vireo - he's always cropping up!
Beautiful blue skies.













Enjoy your day!






No comments:

Post a Comment