Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 186 - 4th July 2013 - Sunshine, Butterflies, Roses and More High Water

Woke up to a foggy morning, but it will burn off and promises to be a fine day. Sure was nice to be able to have my first cup of coffee on the deck this morning, hear the birds sing and watch the hummingbirds at the feeder. Off to work, hoping it will be a good day, expecting it to be a busy one. Have several groups of researchers coming and I think they will keep me on my toes.
There is lots of water around and it's still rising but the blue skies finally broke through and the sun started shining late in the afternoon. What a joy to go for a walk after supper and not have to take a grocery bag for my camera. It's my idea of a protective covering from drizzle or mist. Some day I'll invest in a proper one, but for now it works. I spent a good 8 hours reformatting and indexing the book, anyway it's done. Just have a few more photos to insert (hopefully they come in today), whip up a cover and I'm done. Would never have gotten it done at the office, easier to concentrate from home. So Friday, will be my regular day off, and it looks like sunshine. Cooked up some spare ribs for supper, leftovers for Thursday night, love 2 night meals. Larry mowed the lawn after supper - first time in almost 2 weeks, just need to get the whipper snipping done now.
 Looks like it's come up a couple of feet yesterday morning when I took this from Tuesday evening.
 The ditches are full and the flag reflects in the water.
 Indian Pipe - one of my favs.
 Mallard female seems to enjoy the high water.
 One of my old fashion yellow roses.
 Neighbours in the hood have their summer flag flying.
 Now that's a view we haven't seen for awhile and are happy to have it return.
Looks like it might be a Black Swallowtail.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment