Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 211 - 29th July 2012 - A day at Harmony Bazaar

Sunday has arrived, the last day of the weekend. I've slept in this morning as some of you may have noticed, but with good reason - didn't get to bed until late. Where do I begin - yesterday! I am so sorry I've waited 7 years to go to Harmony Bazaar. There are no words to even say how great of a day I had. I really need to thank Errin for putting out the offer to me to come down to this fantastic festival. WOW! When she puts out the call next spring that advanced tickets are on sale - buy yours. So much talent - young and old. Talked to lots of folks that I knew and didn't know. Everyone was having such a great time. What an experience.
10am, the stage is quiet but the sound guys are busy setting things u for the day.
Bleachers were quiet but not for long they filled up pretty quickly. Some of the volunteers were around doing clean up, getting prepped for an upcoming busy day.
Waiting...
Women - young and old with guitars - so many and so good.
This was awesome, she accompanied another performer with a powerful message and voice.
Some performers wore cowboy boots, some had sandals some had barefeet.
Irish Mythen - every time she took the stage the crowd went wild. Just love her sound.
Umm, I don't think he paid to get in.
Ria Mae - another great sound.
Hats were everywhere.
A quiet moment between artists.
I think these four women were among my favourite - belting out the Dolly Parton tunes.
If you get a chance to hear Irish, please do, wonderful.
Christine Campbell.
The moon began to make an appearance.
The sun had set behind the pavilion and my batteries were running down. Time for me to head home.
I took over 700 pics yesterday and these are just a few of the many great performers who were there. Next year I'm in for the long haul and will spend all three days at the festival.
Today we'll head down and see the Tall Ships - such a busy weekend.
Enjoy your day!


















2 comments:

  1. awesome photos....perhaps next year I will be able to attend....motherly duties this weekend but it was nice to spend a couple of days with them. So next year will maybe make it as I am tired of hearing about all of the fun and not being able to attend :)

    ReplyDelete