Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 199 - 17th July 2012 - Flowers and Buoys

Up early, but not surprised. Temperature is +18.4, feels somewhat humid, but according to the weather gods, it's suppose to clear off today. I'm not sure if I wake Lexi up or she wakes me, maybe she just senses that I'm restless and not really asleep as she tries to snuggle me when I'm having these sleepless nights. Of course this makes it worse, but I guess it doesn't make a lot of difference.

It's the big Founder's Day weekend in town. Lots of things going on - and it's always a time when people come home to visit family from away. Always a nice weekend, hopefully we will have sun.

Was glad to put Monday to bed, or at least to finish the work part of the day. I've rewritten this section. After reading it the first time round I thought I might end up in jail for wishing to do bodily harm to someone. I wish some people could just go a way quietly rather than cause constant drama and upset. Oh well - guess that's not going to happen any time soon. It was Monday, and as several friends have mentioned "is it another full moon".  On the upside, we got some posters and invitations around today, will finish that chore tomorrow. Got into the building where we are holding the launch, should do fine. All we have to do is run the vacumn over the floor, set up the chairs and a few tables and that will be ready. Oh yah, and I have to write a speech sometime before Friday. It was raining last evening so no photos, but have found a few from different days to share.

I believe this is a wild orchid called Nodding Ladies' Tresses. When it opens a bit more I'll be sure - I hope!
This was a pretty patch of color.
One of the Holly Hocks I took the other night.
These daylillies are a very striking color.
A buoy in the harbour on a much nicer day.
Well enough for this morning, hopefully today will be a better day. I guess one thing you can say, even a bad day is an experience we can learn from - why I would want to, I don't know but it happens. What doesn't break us makes us stronger!
Enjoy your day!




1 comment:

  1. Your photos are great yet again.
    Your mention of rewriting the one paragraph is precisely why I used to write anonymously...I could vent all I wanted and never had to censor myself. Since I switched to a more public blog venue I've had to get used to the fact that I'm not anonymous anymore. It's harder than I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete