Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 159 - 7th June 2012 - More Flowers and Fungi

Oh I've got to learn to stay in bed until 5:30am! Every morning lately my eyes pop open at 4:30. Weather is suppose to be ok today except for some drizzle this morning, but it doesn't look like it will be really warm. The temperature now is +8.2. Back to work this morning and for the next few weeks I'm catching an earlier ride. It's going to make for long days. Hoping to get lots done in the next few days, I'll soon have my summer student starting at the centre so that will make a big difference. Nothing like having an extra body around to help out even if it's only for a couple of months.

No rain yesterday, but windy and cold. Hey I'm not complaining. The sun did peek out for brief interludes and I mean brief!  Larry got to work, Lexi and I did work around the house and on the computer, went for a couple of walks with the camera and had tea with Lois, all in all not a bad day. Played cards last night, women lost, I wasn't on my game, that's for sure.

Beaver Farm Lake was quiet and peaceful early this morning. All I could hear were birds chirping as we walked along the road.
Not sure what happen to these poor lupins, but they all seem to have a kink in their tops!
Another day or two and this one should be open. It's a little bit ragged from the wind and rain.
There are lady slippers every where in the woods. Not a great photo, but you get the idea!
I love this tree, with all the fungi up and down it!
Another beautiful Rhododenrom in a neighbour's yard. Yes, I've been creeping around again, just can't help myself.
I found a few more groups of Twinflowers today. I've never seen them here before.
Daylight is arriving, but once again no beautiful sunrise with is. Seems that it's been so long since we've seen one of those. Time to get moving and make things happen.
Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment