Thursday, November 24, 2016

Day 329 - 24th November 2016 - Pine Siskin, Purple Finch and Ferns

Stars and a sliver of the moon are shining brightly in the sky this morning - grass and deck are glistening with frost. Wednesday's weather was a repeat of Tuesday - cold, rain, sun - a mixed bag. It seemed to make the feeders busier, I kept my eye on the flock of Goldfinches which is steadily growing and was rewarded with a Pine Siskin. Hoping this winter the Redpolls return. It's been several years since we've seen them.  Lexi and I roamed the hood, I continued with the joys of housecleaning although at a slower pace since I've got gout again, this time in my wrist. Thank goodness for the meds that kick in quickly and cure it within a few days, until the next time. 
 First Pine Siskin of the season arrived with the flock of Goldfinches.















One of two handsome male Purple Finches. No sign of females yet.
 Sometimes the flowers are just as pretty when they've gone to seed.
Ferns - just as interesting at this stage as when they are green.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment