Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Day 313 - 8th November 2016 - Red-Winged Blackbird, Goldfinches and a Country Road

Stars are all twinkling in the sky this morning, quiet and calm - no wind. Everything is frosted, so the temperature must be way down there. Looks like the buckets have a layer of ice too. Today is just going to be a continuation of yesterday, plus I've got some on-line courses to get caught up on.
The sun still has lots of strength in it and warms things up but by 3pm I figured it was time to build a fire in the furnace. Not quite as much accomplished as I planned but did get a start on things. The feeders are busy, Goldfinches and a Red Winged Blackbird joined the Chickadees, Grackles, Blue Jays and Nuthatches. The resident Sharp Shinned Hawk made a try for lunch but failed. I don't think he had his heart in it though, didn't seem to be very serious about the hunt. Exercise class last night - good workout, can already feel things hurting. Oh well I stretch out with a good walk this morning.
Something I found in Lois' yard - I thought it looked pretty cool!













The Goldfinches have arrived in the yard.



















Nothing like the beauty of a country road in the fall.




















 A female Red Winged Blackbird stopped in for the day.
She's a little shy and like the Honeysuckle Bush.





Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment